history and refurbishment

The Kilpeck Inn was formally known as the Red Lion, and has held an important role in village life since around 1750 when it opened as a small village pub. In 2005 it closed and repeated attempts were made to get planning for conversion to a private house. A vigorous ‘Save Our Pub' campaign successfully fought this and the inn was then bought and after an 18 month project re-opened in May 2010.